What is Airbrush Makeup?
A definition found on Wikipedia:
Airbrush makeup is makeup sprayed onto the skin using an airbrush instead of being applied with sponges, brushes, fingers, or other methods. The effect is like how they spray paint a car.
Advantages of Airbrush Makeup
1. As the makeup is sprayed on, it connects with the skin as millions of droplets of formula.The formula can create an even, sheer, natural appearance to the skin that, if applied properly for a natural look, can appear natural and non-heavy like traditional makeup.
2. Provides flawless coverage and look very delicate on High definition camera as opposed to traditional makeup that can settle into pores and wrinkles.
3. It can be faster if done properly.
1. Boils down to the skill of the makeup artist, sometimes airbrush can be too thick and hot spots can be formed if not done properly.
2. Some scilione based air brush foundation might be cause some sensitivity.
My skin: Oily (Will shine in a few hours) but a little dry on some areas as I am not too diligent with moisturizer or when I am on medication with occasional pimples
1. I like how fast the application is. I am very particular about the finish and my blending. My face must be a smooth canvas. For traditional makeup, I have to pat my whole face and bend it really well to achieve that look. For airbrush, it covers my pimples very well without the use of concealer and it takes like 5 mins? For traditional, I might take about 10 to 15 mins.
2. The finish is very smooth and feels like like 2nd skin. Its full coverage but uses only very little foundation. Hence it is good for my dry areas as the droplets stuck on the skin, it doesnt cause my skin to dry out. You know especially on peeling skin, when you try to apply foundation or concealer, it gets drier and the peels get more obvious? Airbrush doesn’t have this problem at all.
3. The only troublesome thing is I have to clean my spray gun after every use and I happen to have purchase the professional airbrush system so its quite heavy. The good thing is brides do not have to worry about this and with my airbrush system, we can complete the foundation for a large group of bridesmaid in very short amount of time.
Overall I really love it. I try to use it every time I do my makeup.
Q & A
– What brand of foundation am I using?
A. I am still using my regular foundation which means I blend my own foundations for my airbrush coz they did not give allergy issues to sensitive skin. Hence Big Love.
– Does it airbrush makeup last longer?
A. On practical, I find it as durable as traditional application.
– What type of complexion is suitable for Airbrush?
A. I will think Airbrush works well with all skin types. For dry skin, it doesn’t dry the skin as much. For acne skin, the coverage is smoother. Airbrush makeup is a technique. What is the determining factor of the suitability to one’s skin is the foundation used, not the technique used.
Since I no longer take pictures of before and after, I am contemplating of putting my own pictures. I still haven’t find the guts yet, Just maybe I will.